Dry Eye Syndrome
Dry eyes are extremely common. The latest research indicates up to 20% of our adult population suffer from this condition. The most common cause is Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. Read more on Meibomian Gland Dysfunction here.
Even though there is no complete ‘cure’, there is plenty we can do to improve tear function and make dry eyes feel much more comfortable. The most effective therapy is the new E>Eye IPL treatment.
What are the symptoms of Dry Eye Syndrome?
If you have any of the following either alone or in combination:
- red eyes
- stinging, burning or scratchy eyes,
- watering eyes, or excessive tearing
- eye fatigue
- stringy mucus in or around the eyes
- intermittent blurred vision
Before recommending a dry eye treatment, we do a careful eye examination to rule out any other more serious possibilities.
- E>Eye IPL (intense pulsed light) treatment – As seen on A Current Affair. See also What’s it like to have an IPL treatment?
- Lid hydrating compresses
- Nutritional supplements
- changes to lifestyle
- changes to the environment
- Use of wrap-round sunglasses outdoors
- changes to work habits
- Eyedrops and ointments (either anti-inflammation or lubricants)
Call (03) 9882 2199 for a dry eye assessment to see if you are suitable for the new IPL treatment.